PACG Esports Production
The Pacific Alliance of Collegiate Gamers is a college esports league comprising of PAC-12 conference schools. It was started by students from those schools, and each school had the opportunity to field teams for League of Legends, Overwatch, Hearthstone, and Rocket League.
I was asked to come and assist Utah Esports with their broadcasting production as a Production Coordinator. As part of this role, my responsibilities were:
- Assisting in the design of the shows.
- Setting up the hardware and software required to run the broadcast.
- Assist with onboarding a team of 20 volunteers to fill caster, observer, quality assurance, moderator, and director roles.
- Training that team in their various roles, including technical specifications, best practices, and show quality features.
- Coordinating each team member’s assigned tasks and schedules, ensuring that we were fully staffed 5 nights a week.
- Coordinating substitutions for team members and ongoing training throughout the season.
- Moderating disputes between team members, and fielding complaints brought to the team by members of the school teams, community, or audience.
- Filling all the roles as needed, most commonly as a LoL director and a Hearthstone caster, as well as supervising broadcasts where I wasn’t working.
Our broadcasts reached over 20,000 viewers across the league. You can find more details about the PACG by visiting this links: