Play Walmart – Mobile AR Prototype
Jarom was approached by Roger Altizer, head of The GApp Lab, to be the designer and producer on a project commissioned by Walmart. After sitting down with Walmart executives to discuss the specifications for the app, the team created and prototyped a multiplayer AR game that people could play in their local Walmart with other shoppers.
Jarom’s roles included:
- Designing the user experience and gameplay mechanics.
- Setting team sprint goals and coordinating communication between art and engineering.
- Pitching milestone updates and demonstrating the app to stakeholders at Walmart.
- Redesigning or adding features based on feedback.
- Accomplishing all of this through the creation of demonstration videos, design documents, promotional images, etc.
The project was made in Unity 5.5 using the Vuforia AR toolset.
Walmart is currently negotiating to obtain the IP for the project.
Visit the References tab to view a reference from Greg Bayles, the project manager for The GApp Lab.